- 1 package (8 oz) Louis Kemp Crab Delights®, Flake or Chunk style
- 2 tablespoons coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons jarred Thai green curry
- 1 can (15 oz) unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 can (15 oz) coconut milk, shaken
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 Fresno chili pepper, seeded and finely julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Stir in curry, pumpkin, coconut milk and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered 15 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and blend carefully until smooth. Return to saucepan and reheat. Stir in lime juice, fish sauce and season with salt and pepper and cayenne.
To serve, divide Crab Delights® between 8 warmed serving bowls. Ladle soup into bowls and serve topped with the Fresno chili and cilantro.