- 1 package (8 oz) Louis Kemp Crab Delights®, Flake or Chunk style
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2½ cups milk, warmed
- 2 cups Fontina, White Cheddar, or Jack cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch cayenne
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat butter in a large saucepan over med-high heat. Whisk in flour and simmer 4 minutes, whisking frequently. Remove from heat, gradually whisk in warmed milk until smooth. Return to heat and simmer, whisking frequently, until sauce is bubbling and thickened. Stir in cheese until melted and turn off heat. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix Crab Delights® and cheese sauce with pasta. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart baking dish. In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, oil, zest, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle on top of pasta. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot.